For more information about fallopian tube cancer, diagnosis and treatment, see the National Cancer Institute (US) Ovarian epithelial, fallopian tube, and primary peritoneal cancer treatment (PDQ®): health professional version.
Clinical guidelines for ovarian and fallopian tube cancer:
- Cancer Australia (2014). Recommendations for the use of first-line chemotherapy for the treatment of women with epithelial ovarian cancer
- Cancer Australia (2011). Recommendations for the management of women at high risk of ovarian cancer
- Cancer Australia (2012). Follow up of women with epithelial ovarian cancer
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network (2017). Clinical practice guidelines in oncology: ovarian cancer, including fallopian tube cancer and primary peritoneal cancer, version 1.2017
- European Society for Medical Oncology (2013). Newly diagnosed and relapsed epithelial ovarian carcinoma: ESMO clinical practice guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up
Other guides and resources:
- Cancer Australia (2015). Appropriate referral for women with suspected ovarian cancer
- Cancer Australia (2015). Assessment of symptoms that may be ovarian cancer: a guide for GPs
- Cancer Australia (2010). Advice about familial aspects of breast and epithelial ovarian cancer: a guide for health professionals. Also see the online tool Familial Risk Assessment – Breast and Ovarian Cancer (FRA-BOC) for additional risk scenarios
When reading materials that are published in other countries, note that some of the information may not apply to Australian patients.